Shaping Your Story 2: Broadsides
Do you wonder where the next idea is coming from? It’s a challenge we all face. This workshop will help you gather your thoughts and work with your own words to produce a broadside (work of art on a single sheet or canvas) using new calligraphic styles, illustrations, and “words in liberty.” This is a workshop about Text Art, about words living with images, about words AS images. Can words on a wall compete with paintings? Can we overcome the art/craft divide? Serious questions. We will look at some seriously fun answers.
This online course will consist of six Zoom sessions:
* Sessions will be recorded and made available to students for a period of 4 months.
- Six sheets of good quality calligraphy paper (Rives BFK, Saunders Waterford, Fabriano 5, or some other paper that you like to work on, minimum 160 gsm, size 40 x 60cm / 16 x 24 inches or larger)
- Variety of pens and brushes
- Ink and gouache colors
- Graphite and charcoal (optional).
* HANDOUTS with more specific information on materials will be sent three weeks before the series begins.
Dates & time
* Sessions last approximately 2 hours